Wide Eye Creative is seeking a motivated junior web developer for a full-time position. The successful applicant will work directly with the Lead Developer on an array of exciting projects. Applicants must have good foundational knowledge of web development, code syntax and architecture, excellent communication skills, an eagerness to learn and a “can-do” work ethic.
This position offers extensive hands-on training to expand upon your current developer skill-set.
WHY WORK AT WIDE EYE CREATIVE?
- Meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- A sample of our client list includes: the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, Nancy Pelosi, ActBlue, Coastal Conservation League, the United Nations, Georgetown University, and more.
- Great work/life balance, flexibility, and professional freedom
- Major potential for growth within the company
- A highly-creative, award-winning team with a sterling reputation
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive salaries
- Ample Paid Time Off, including 12 holidays plus the week between Christmas and New Years
- 100% coverage for health, dental, and vision
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Evaluation at 9 months
- Professional development budget
- Unlimited coffee!
- Help bring our designs to “clickable” life
- Assist with cross-browser and cross-device testing
- Contribute to introducing and documenting new and improved technologies, frameworks, and solutions for our clients
- Style forms directly on 3rd-party CRMs (Blue State Digital, NGP VAN, Salsa)
- Help manage our repositories and libraries of front-end code, and document Wide Eye best practices
- Assist clients in content entry on CMS backends
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 5+ (mostly Photoshop)
- Strong understanding of modern web design principles, user experience, information architecture, and social media
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly-creative and resourceful
- Passion and pride in your work
- Experience working with Designers
- Experience working with WordPress
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop
- Command line skills or managing servers
- Working knowledge of Git (or willingness to learn)
- REST API experience and AJAX
- Use Sublime Text 3
- Bootstrap experience
- Experience with Git
To apply: Please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected] with the subject line “Junior Developer Position”
Wide Eye Creative is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.