Wide Eye Creative is an award-winning digital design agency that does cutting-edge work for progressive causes, political candidates, and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking a motivated individual for the full-time position of Lead Web Developer with potential to grow into a senior director or c-level role. This is an ideal role for someone who is a strong developer looking to take on new leadership opportunities with a fast-growing company.
The successful applicant will lead our efforts to turn our beautiful designs into stunning interactive experiences. Applicants must have strong foundational knowledge of web development, code syntax and architecture, excellent communication skills, a deep appreciation for good design and strong visual instincts, an eagerness to learn, and a “can-do” work ethic. The position can be located anywhere in the U.S. with a preference for Washington, DC or Los Angeles, CA.
WHY WORK AT WIDE EYE CREATIVE?
- Meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- A sample of our client list includes: the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, Nancy Pelosi, ActBlue, Coastal Conservation League, the United Nations, Georgetown University, and more.
- Great work/life balance, flexibility, and professional freedom
- Major potential for growth in the role and within the company
- A highly-creative, award-winning team with a sterling reputation
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive salaries
- Ample Paid Time Off, including 12 holidays plus the week between Christmas and New Years
- 100% coverage for health, dental, and vision
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Evaluation at 9 months
- Professional development budget
- Unlimited coffee!
- Manage our development workflow
- Lead and manage our development workflow and projects, including setting priorities and deadlines, and overseeing quality assurance
- Maintain best practices for our web development in collaboration with dev and design teams and ensure our work meets high standards
- Work directly with clients on projects
- Bring our designs to “clickable life”
- Develop custom websites on WordPress (and potentially other CMS platforms in the future)
- Implement an array of APIs, CRMs, and third-party tools
- Conduct cross-browser and cross-device testing
- Spearhead innovation
- Introduce new technologies and frameworks to our optimize development workflow
- Contribute to introducing and documenting new and improved technologies, frameworks, and solutions for (and to wow) our clients
- Lead the dev team in modularizing our code and productizing our tools and functionality
- Support growth of the team
- Help us build a stellar dev team of talented, hard-working, and creative individuals
- Help engender and fuel company culture of excellence and innovation
- Engage in learning other aspects of our work as needed/interested, including DevOps, design, and project management
- Examine opportunities to use data more actively to both guide the company and to improve the quality of our products and services
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 4-6 years experience in web development
- Experience with WordPress
- Comfortable working with preprocessors and frameworks (SASS, LESS, Bourbon)
- Experience with Responsive development (Bootstrap or Foundation) and vector graphics (SVG)
- Highly-creative and an eye for design
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 5+ (mostly Photoshop)
- Experience with Git or other code-versioning systems
- Understanding of modern web design principles, UX/UI, information architecture, social media, Google Analytics, and optimization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey complex ideas with brevity to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to see the big picture, prioritize, and manage time
- Proven leadership ability and problem-solving intuition
- Passion and pride in your work
- Strong integrity, humility, and discretion
- Experience with CRMs such as Blue State Digital, NGP VAN, ActionKit, Engaging Networks, etc.
- Experience building and managing teams of developers, either full-time or contractors
- Experience with project management methodologies and execution
- Strong instincts and interest in new technologies
- Interest in progressive politics and social change
To apply: To apply for this position, please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected] with the subject line “Lead Web Developer”
Wide Eye Creative is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.