Wide Eye Creative is an award-winning digital design agency that does cutting-edge work for progressive causes, political candidates and world-changing organizations.
We are seeking a motivated, creative front-end developer for a full-time position in Washington DC (or remote possible). The successful applicant will lead the effort to turn our beautiful designs into stunning interactive experiences. Applicants must have good foundational knowledge of web development, code syntax and architecture, excellent communication skills, strong visual instincts, an eagerness to learn and a “can-do” work ethic.
WHY WORK AT WIDE EYE CREATIVE?
- Meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- A sample of our client list includes: the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, Nancy Pelosi, ActBlue, Coastal Conservation League, the United Nations, Georgetown University, and more.
- Great work/life balance, flexibility, and professional freedom
- Major potential for growth in the role and within the company
- A highly-creative, award-winning team with a sterling reputation
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive salaries
- Ample Paid Time Off, including 12 holidays plus the week between Christmas and New Years
- 100% coverage for health, dental, and vision
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Evaluation at 9 months
- Professional development budget
- Unlimited coffee!
- Bring our designs to “clickable” life
- Conduct cross-browser and cross-device testing
- Work with other members of the team and with clients to solve challenges and produce stellar results
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in front-end development
- Experience with responsive development and vector graphics (SVG)
- Comfortable working with preprocessors and frameworks (SASS, Bourbon)
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 5+ (mostly Photoshop)
- Experience with WordPress front-end development
- Strong understanding of modern web design principles, user experience, information architecture, and social media
- Ability to manage your time and balance multiple projects
- Strong communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Highly-creative and resourceful
- Passion and pride in your work
- Interest in progressive politics and progressive causes
- Familiarity with PHP development
- Experience working with Designers
To apply: To apply for this position, please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected] with the subject line “Front End Developer Position”
Wide Eye Creative is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.